Sunday, November 16, 2008

Why not start now.

Here are a few things I learned today:

-Being familiar with something (or someone) doesn't mean you really know it (or them). One of our Elders, Jon Peirson, quoted this from someone whose name escapes me. He was preaching on the Lord's Prayer, but how often do we think we know something or someone just because we're familiar with them?
"So true," I thought to myself.

-If your chapstick gets all melted and nasty, which is a problem I have had more than once, you can use a long hair (or maybe floss, too) to make a clean cut underneath the messies and have a smooth-once-again chapstick surface. I learned this from Aubrey Rowe, who learned it from a friend.

-I think Opera can be fun, long, and boring all at once. It sure does take a lot of talent and skill to sing those songs, especially for that long. Go with the right people, however, and you won't remember how long it was.

-Life can be confusing (to us). (God is not confused.)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

you have a BLOG!

isn't it fun to get comments?