Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy Five Iron Frenzy Day



Five years ago today, my favorite band played their last show in Denver, Co at the Fillmore Auditorium. They had played 8.5 years, and had made an identity of being goofy, fun, and seriously devoted to serving Jesus Christ. That was why Five Iron Frenzy connected with me so much. I like to be fun and goofy, but I also know the extreme importance of knowing God, His love, and the Gospel. That's what Five Iron Frenzy was. Plus, they were better than most other ska-core-rock-punk bands out there.

At the last show, the singer, Reese, declared that day Five Iron Frenzy Day (Nov. 22nd, 2003). So, I thought I would give a quick post to acknowledge them.

Four of my friends and I were able to attend the final show, and I will always remember the times we had driving 18 hours to Denver, staying with some guy we didn't know (I met him on frenzyboard.com, the five iron frenzy messageboard), going to the show, and getting to hang with the band the next day. There were many, many good times that went down those three days. Thanks to D, Josh, Matt, and Justin for those memories. (and thanks for giving me your "last show shirt", josh)




Happy Five Iron Frenzy Day to you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.