Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, ......Saturday

Thanksgiving was a full, full day. The day included, but was not limited to: Turkey Bowl '08 (Single guys win for the 2nd year in a row!! whooohoooo!), HSM3 with Chad (It only makes sense to see it after playing football), Thanksgiving with family (delicious, fun and games after dinner (phase 10, mad gab)).

Black friday:
-woke up at 9:30 (so nice)
-listened to and played music for awhile.
-watched some tv online.
-saw Changeling with my mom. (A very well-told story with a favorite setting of mine (late 20's, early 30's). Thought they could have dove further into the lessons learned by characters.)
-decided to practice/learn more piano

....Saturday:
-anticipation of a hard day
-worship team set up and rehearsal
-joy in singing hymns at rehearsal
-nice bike ride
-mowed lawn
-went with Matt Nalamlieng to a cliche christian book store where I found a few good buys in the used section.
-had fun at the Charter Oak Library
-watched Steven Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind. (beautiful film).
-21 Choices
-House
-now i'm home.

it looks like I made it through today. (whew)


Things I learned from the past few days:
-The joy of hanging out with a bunch of great men overrides my lack of passion for football
-Sometimes I wish I were back in musical theatre
-You can make something fun if you put more effort into it
-there's something about the name of Jesus.
-I am so lucky to be a part of a group of musicians that loves the Lord.
-I am alive. God is Love, and Love is real. (mewithoutYou line)

whew.

No comments: