Monday, December 8, 2008

Instead of Homework, I will post a blog...

Oh yes, I will.

So, my dad and I got our bikes stolen whilst staying in the hotel. Let me tell you, this isn't just one of those, "oh well," things. My dad rides his bike to work a lot, and in turn, inspires me to do so as well. I had even just gotten a new helmet that is not 4 months old. Stinks.

Oh well. I mean, uh, something else.

Saturday was December 6th, and I had planned on it being a good day for one reason, but it turned out to be good for a different reason. We had our Jr. High Christmas Party, which was a mexican theme. Here are a few photos from the madness:






That sideways photo is me dressed like a vato, with my plaid shirt buttoned at the top, white undershirt, baggy dickie pants, and white spalding shoes. Oh yes, and my mustache. (it was gross, but I don't think a lot of the kids picked up that it was a joke.) I also filled the night with Sufjan Stevens Christmas songs, as the students had burritos for our mexican themed night. We also had a gift exchange, pinata (filled with flour), and made a story as to how "Santo" got from Mexico to the N. Pole.

Anywho, it turned out alright.

Sunday was sunday, and I love sundays. Worshiping together with my family of believers is such a wonderful glimpse of eternity. YES. "Why burn poor and lonely when we can be TORCHES TOGETHER!!"

We had a great time at Pray'n'Praise, too.
Just a small group of us at a home, worshiping and praying together. Whew. God is so good, and His promises are true, I'll tell you. Even in rough life situations, He is there to bring peace and joy and hope and mercy and love. He does it all the time. God is good, all the time.

BFC ran 3.5 miles today....

ummmm....

for good measure, here are some photos of Bo:

3 comments:

Paul said...

Where were your bikes while you were at the hotel?

Heather Leith said...

ugh, eckscape is the WORST. i want to puke every time.

do people not know how to read and pronounce phonetically?

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your bikes, i bet it was that Mexican in the picture you posted. The guy with the mustache.