Saturday, December 27, 2008

Boxing Day/Beginning of Kwanza update...

A few updates from the field:

-I'm house-sitting for my brother and sister(-in-law) in Valencia, so I took some time to record some old songs I had never recorded. One, written three years ago, is about trusting God, and the other, written two years ago, is about the phenomenon of falling asleep in class. You can listen to them here: www.purevolume.com/olre


-Caleb and I watched a movie from 1999 that was pretty hyped up as being scary, but we weren't impressed. There were some creepy moments, but we felt cheated when it ended. I think we were slightly relieved, too.

-Christmas with the family was fun. I forgot to bring my camera, but maybe my brother will post some photos later on. We played Rock Band, ate food, sang songs, then slept over at Paul and Jess' place. We talked about life 'til 3 a.m. Christmas day featured recording drum tracks for this Sunday's service at my brother's church. Then we ate Thai food at President Thai.

-Chad and I decided that we're driving to Idaho on Monday. We're going to visit the third amigo, Justin Williams.


We also hope to visit another Idaho friend, Kelly "good grief" Robinson


Anyway, we're driving up Monday, returning Friday, so that's where I'll be.

I hope everyone had a great day celebrating the Incarnation. What a baffling thing. God is Love, and Love is real.

Merry Christmas, Happy Boxing Day, Happy New Year. (If I don't 'talk' to you before then)

No comments: