Saturday, December 6, 2008

Circus...

There have been few times in my life when I see a fumigation tent and don't think "Circus."


Our house got fumigated on Thursday, which meant we stayed at the Quality Inn in Pasadena on Thursday and Friday night. A few bonuses from staying at the hotel: cable (a few episodes of House, The Santa Clause (i know), The Office (not cable)), Jacuzzi and sauna, and free continental breakfast (corn pops, danishes, muffins, and juice).
I love free continental breakfasts.
A few negatives from staying in the hotel: Our room keys deactivating whenever they are within 6 inches of a cell phone (can't get into room), taking twice as long to get to work (10 minutes instead of 5, GEEEEEZZZ!!), unfamiliar pillows (slightly too firm for my cranium), having to put Bo and The Kitty in the garage at my neighbors.

My poor boys.


We had to put them in my neighbor's garage, and they freaked out. They thought we were leaving them for good until I visited them on Thursday evening. But now they're home, and ok.

In other news, I've been observing a 4th grade class at San Gabriel Christian, for my class at Point Loma. Since I haven't been teaching P.E., I've been wearing Church-ish clothes, and it throws ALL my students off. Here are a few things they have said at seeing my appearance in something besides soccer shorts and t-shirt:
"Coach, are you getting married today?", "Coach, are you going to court today?", "Coach, are you trying to impress that new P.E. substitute woman?"

It's been pretty funny.

I also got my Certificate of Clearance (essentially glorified fingerprints), and TB test, which are required for this interview I have to do for Point Loma on Monday, so I'm glad that's done.

And finally, Bulldogs FC is looking good...or should I say, fit. We've only touched the ball once in our first week of practice. The rest has been conditioning, and we ran 5 miles yesterday. The team stayed together, and I was very proud of a bunch of 6th, 7th, and 8th graders sticking with me.

And finally, finally, I stuck around for the high school Christmas party at our church last night, and ended up singing Beatles songs with Fidel, Matt, Jennifer, Libby, and Zack. It was a good time. Tonight is Jr. High Christmas party! Whooo Hoooo!

No comments: