Monday, May 4, 2009

Things I learned in the past few days...

-3rd Grade boys can eat foot-long sandwiches from Subway.
A few months ago, my work had this big auction/raffle/dessert night, and one of the raffles was, "Win a lunch with Coach Hoover and a friend." So, parents could put their tickets into the bag, so that their students could pick one friend, and I would treat them to lunch. The winner ended up being a third grader, and he picked his 5th grade cousin to come along. He decided he wanted Subway, so I bought them each a foot-long and chips (they didn't want soda, we all elected to get water). I was very impressed to see the third-grader finish his entire foot-long, as well as some flaming hot Cheetos. (note: the fifth grader did not finish his whole sandwich)

-We (including myself) as sports fans often get carried away.
My favorite hockey team recently advanced to the second-round of the playoffs, and I did some gloating over the internet phenomenon, Facebook. A friend of mine and I went back and forth a little bit (all in good nature, i think) over the topic, and it got me thinking. It is really funny how much pride I take in a sports team. About 90% of the players are different from the roster 6 years ago, and I don't know any of them personally. I didn't do anything at all to help their victory, but still I will gloat in their achievements. Of course, we all take pride in our sports teams, but it's just funny if you think about it. "Ohhhhh, this group of individuals that are near to me locationally hit the puck into the net of the group of individuals that are near you!" I didn't help them in any way, but I take pride in their accomplishments. Weird. Go Ducks.

-Roommate Disneyland Days are fun.

-Sometimes, school is sooooo long. (But it's good for you, I hear.)

-Cool weather and good music really help me when I run.

-The Documentary, The Lost Boys of Sudan is really good. Sudanese refugees come to America to get jobs and education, and they quickly try to adjust to the "hustle and bustle" lifestyle that is America.


-"Be still, Cody."

-Overtime is exhilarating.

-Exhilarating is kind of hard to spell.

-Mother's Day is coming up.



See ya.

No comments: